Just WOW!!



I had a just WOW moment last night, you know the kind you just can't explain, a moment that just leaves you speechless, that is bigger than you or anyone else who witnessed it. My moment happened last night at Rodrigo y Gabriela.

I was one of the privileged 400 to see them live in the Dome in Thurles last night. I can easily say that it was one of my top gigs ever, and this is saying at lot coming off the back of Oxegen this weekend and Download last month (not to mention U2, Metallica, Oasis and hell of a lot of legendary bands).

I thought I knew what Rodrigo y Gabriela were all about..but I could never foresee how much they would blow me away. They were just beyond epic last night, I'm still reeling from the gig. I managed to get a few decent videos of them, here's Rodrigo playing a cover of the late Metallica bassist Cliff Burton showpiece (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth‎ as part of his solo spot, needless to say I nearly shat myself when I heard it!. The also played the 1st part of Orion and Chac Mool of their new album 11:11 as part of a medley..again simply amazing!





As far Oxegen 2010 it was fairly epic (apart from the rain), really enjoyed all the bands we saw, Muse, Ocean Colour Scene, Kasabian, Biffy Clyro, The Stereophonics and all the rest. I finally managed to see one of my idols in the flesh - Eminem who was again needless to say brilliant.

However special mention has to go to Jay-Z who blew Em & all the others away, Hova was easily the highlight of the weekend, how the promoters thought Arcade Fire were worthy of a headlining slot over him just baffles me.

Finally brought The Wire complete series, and yes it really does deserve the hype (and more).


Rodrigo y Gabriela y la perfección y leyendas, magnífico!

PS: The Galmoy Song had to be taken down thanks to the old shrivs that inhabit Galmoy, oh well we'll just have to make a 'cleaner' version!

Comments

Popular Posts