Observations down by the Yarra



I wanted to tear into this blog like a rabid Velociraptor tore into their prey. I had ideas coming out of my arse, but couldn't settle on just one. So I took the easy way out and said I'd stick up a poem/rambling/stream of consciousness from my cranium. The inspiration for this rabbling piece came through a sunny afternoon spent lounging down by the Yarra River, here goes -

Watching the World Go By

Watching the world go by all rush and hussle,
People chasing hard to catch themselves again,
With aching limbs I watch the river bob and weave by

The distant hum of a city in full flow,
The stillness of the trees foreshadowed by the giants of glass and steel,
Giant steel arms lift the city higher and higher

 Without a care in the world my days have melted into one,
Routine guides me like a faithful shepherd,
It's days like this you're glad to be alive,
Amidst all this beauty and light

I picture your face in the back of my eyes,
A vision of beauty cast over my heart,
The air brushes calmly against my face,
Wrestling me from my daydream 

Forceful as ever the world churns on,
The sun pierces the clouds,
Couples move on linked hand in hand,
I wonder are we grateful for all this?

Men argue on phones,
Women chat merrily,
Some heads bowed and stooped to little white screens,
Another day moves on

Chune of the week - Without a shadow of a doubt it has to go to the Datsuns. At just under four minutes it captures The Datsuns in their raucous riffing high voltage glory, as they prepare to assault the worlds eardrums again with their latest offering Death Rattle Boogie. Enjoy PLAY LOUD!!  

 

Comments

Popular Posts