It's just another Rugby sunday..



I found myself in a strange scenario today, I technically sat through two hours of Rugby. Well, I did see the last 20 mins of Munster's mashing of the Ospreys and braved through the 1st half of the Leinster Harlequins game. A game which did little to ease my boredom & hangover. By the time the 2nd half had started, my attention had switched to my laptop & the internet. I even contemplated the horror of watching a Citeh game.

My attention briefly captured on occasions by the annoyingly high endless twitter of the English commentators, as they spouted out cliche upon cliche. However, I did watch in amazement, at a heroically brave period of seemingly endless defending by Leinster on their own try line. They could not, however, keep the 'Quins out, as they powered home their & the games only try of the match.

The goys romped home to a 6-5 win, which kinda pales in comparison to Munsters' earlier 43-9 demolition job. And so the stage for one of Ireland's most heated derbies, an all-Ireland European Cup semi-final in Croker. I'm hoping for a decent match, but I feel it will be a repeat of this months Magners League clash (25-5 to the monsters).

Set for May 4th, the clash of cultures, the rugby equivalent of the Civil War. The steel, the determination, the passion of Munster versus the occasionally brilliant, consistently inconsistent, soft touches from Leinster.
Again I find myself in a strange situation, being a Leinster man, I should support them, but like a lot of people south of Portlaoise, I don't like Leinster (at all) (It's more to do with the culture that surrounds the club, rather than the club itself). They don't convey the Leinster I come from, I see a lot more in common with the men of Munster, the greatest (never to be) GAA club in all of Ireland.

I'm hoping for a good game, but then again it's only rugby at the end of the day I don't really mind either way let the egg chasers have their day in the sun...

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=2992917647

Comments

Popular Posts