My top albums: Part 1 6-10


Just got the inspiration for another music post today, my top ten favourite albums of all-time, the true absolute classics! Here's 6 through to 10.


6. Back In Black - AC/DC




There has to be a reason why this album is the second best selling album of all time, with 45 million sales worldwide. For me the reason is simple, it's the definition of what is truly brilliant & timeless about AC/DC, it rocks, and it rocks hard. The classic sing (shout) along party/good time album, if this album doesn't make ya wanna rock, you should check yourself into the nearest morgue.

My Track Picks: Back In Black, Let Me Put My Love Into You, You Shook Me All Night Long

7. Dark Side Of The Moon - Pink Floyd




I mean what can I say about this album that hasn't already been said? It's a kind of institution at this stage, iconic, inspiring, moving, I could keep going. Although Floyd purists might not rate this as the band's best album, nearly everyone else does. This album is made for listening to as go to sleep/study/daydream.., like the In The Court ahead of its time & never matched.

My Track Picks: Speak To Me/Breathe, Us And Them, Brain Damage


8. In The Court Of The Crimson King - King Crimson




I have to thank Classic Rock magazine for me discovering this band and album. Again like Lateralus, this album is a sonic art form in my eyes. Best listened to as a whole album, not individual tracks. A true cornerstone of Rock history, not a weak track on it, a revolutionary album for it's time (1969), that has yet to be matched.


My Track Picks: 21st Century Schizoid Man, Epitaph, In The Court Of The Crimson King

9. Lateralus - Tool




For me, this album is some kind of sonic art form rather than an album. This quote sums the album & band up for me - Tool was described by Patrick Donovan of The Age as "the thinking person's metal band. Cerebral and visceral, soft and heavy, melodic and abrasive, tender and brutal, familiar and strange, western and eastern, beautiful and ugly, taut yet sprawling and epic, they are a tangle of contradictions." In other words GENIUS.


My Track Picks: The Grudge, Schism, Lateralus





10. Live & Dangerous - Thin Lizzy



Regardless of all the stories about this album being heavily dubbed & edited in the studio, it really matters little because it rocks and rocks hard at that. Lizzy captured at their prime, where they thrived live on stage, Phil & the boys are on top form. From start to finish a true classic

My Track Picks: Emerald, Dancing In The Moonlight, Still In Love With You

Comments

Popular Posts