Leinster, Leinster, Leinster



Fair deuce to the Leinster goys on winning today's pulsating Heineken Cup final (never thought I'd use that word to describe a rugby match). Players like Malcolm O' Kelly, Drico, Gordon Darcy, Shane Horgan, & others really deserve it, for the years they put into the province. They matched a dogged, physical and determined Leicester all over the pitch, in a 19-16 win.

The game really ebbed and flowed between the two, it resembled two old pros slugging it out over 12 rounds. A few pieces of genius separated the two on the day, most notably Johnny Sexton's drop-goal and crucial penalty to win it for Leinster.

I thought Sexton (Johnno as he's known in Leinster circles), the Aussie powerhouse Rocky Elsom (if ever a first name was apt.)and Cian Healy really shone through. Although I said I could never really imagine myself truly cheering on Leinster, I did against Munster in the semi's and I did again today. After all being a Leinster man it's my duty, plus it's always sweet to get one over the Brits in any sport.

I mean if any critic, fan or otherwise said that Leinster would win the Heineken Cup this year, the would have been hauled off to the nearest funny farm (probably by a Munster fan). It just caps a great year for Irish Rugby, which ruled Europe this year, the national team winning the Grand Slam, Munster the Magners League.

Anyway, before I get to over sentimental about this egg-chasing crack, I'll finish by saying roll on Wednesday night & Rome for some proper sport, C'MON UNITED, BELIEVE!!

(P.S. the Sky Rugby pundit team should be shot, for their endless and inane dribble Stewie & Dewie or whatever their called, don't even get me started on the gurning, smarmy gimp that is Will Greenwood)

Comments

  1. my goodness, a typo in the second setence, where did u learn how to write....griffith?! loved the abuse about greenwood......CUNT! from seamus of hesselink

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank u sir, the typo's have been corrected..Griffith?..sure i would'nt take a s**t in that place!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts